Ras Al Khaimah is an ideal location in UAE for an offshore company set up, thanks to a number of state-of-the-art facilities, a modern infrastructure and plenty of business opportunities in a variety of sectors and industries. Ras Al Khaimah is one of the seven emirates of UAE and offers an excellent economic platform to investors who are looking to expand their business in a progressive market without compromising the confidentiality of their ownership.
RAK offshore company setup is a cost-effective yet value-driven option as the government of UAE has taken many notable initiatives during last few years to promote international trade in Ras Al Khaimah. The emirate has now become a center of attention for foreign investors, particularly because of its proximity to the cosmopolitan city Dubai and also because of low incorporation fees for offshore companies.
RAK Offshore Company Set up and Fees
Setting up an offshore company in RAK is a preferred choice amongst investors who seek exemption from corporate and income tax among other benefits. There are many uses and benefits of registering an offshore company in the UAE. RAK offshore is part of the RAK International Corporate Centre (RAKICC), which is a corporate registry owned by the UAE government of Ras Al Khaimah. The pro-investment and business-friendly policies, top-class infrastructure and superior facilities make Ras Al Khaimah an ideal destination to establish an offshore business entity.
For setting up an offshore company, an applicant needs to contact a registered agent who will handle the entire company formation process. A duration of two to three working days is required for offshore company formation in Ras Al Khaimah.
The fees for several services are involved in the overall RAK offshore company cost that need to be paid to set up an offshore company in one of the fastest growing emirates in the country, which offers investors an affordable solution to set up an offshore company. The company formation cost involves the fees for license, Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum and Articles of Association and Share Certificate amongst others.
Documents Required For RAK Company
RAK Company registration process is a simple step-by-step process that needs to be completed to set up an offshore company. An applicant needs to file an application or request form to set up an offshore company in RAK and provide all the required documents to complete the process of its incorporation.The requirement for documents is separated by the RAK offshore authorities for different types of offshore company structures. The structure of an offshore company can be based on the number of shareholders involved. All the shareholders must provide the required documents to successfully complete the registration process.
Documents Required for Individual Applicants
- Application Form
- Passport Copy
- Bank Reference Letter (or 4 months Bank Statement)
- Completed KYC form
Documents Required for Corporate Entity Applicants
- Board Resolution
- Incorporation Certification of the Parent Company or its License Copy (Legally Attested)
- Parent Company’s MOA Copy
- Passport Copy of Shareholders and Director
- Attested Good Standing Certificate
- Incumbency Certificate (Attested)
Types of RAK Offshore Company License
Different types of business activities are allowed under a specific type of business license in Ras Al Khaimah. The RAK Offshore Authority under RAKICC governs the whole process of license issuance and renewal and investors can apply for different types of business licenses to set up an RAK offshore company.
The different types of RAK offshore company licenses are:
- Company Limited by Shares
- Company Limited by Guarantee (Launching shortly)
- Restricted Purposes Company (Launching shortly)
- Segregated Portfolio Company (Launching shortly)
- Unlimited Company (Launching shortly)
- Transfer of Domicile
Benefits of Company Registration in RAK
Investors can avail a number of benefits for setting up an offshore company in Ras Al Khaimah. The biggest advantage for investors is the confidentiality and security of doing business under the rules and regulations of the RAK Offshore Authority under RAKICC. Besides that, investors get an opportunity to establish their offshore company in a progressive and prosperous emirate that is home to a number of global companies.
Listed below are some of the significant advantages of RAK offshore company set up:
- 100% foreign ownership
- Exemption from corporate and income tax
- No restrictions on foreign currency
- Low-cost company set up
- Guaranteed confidentiality
- Low-cost maintenance of the RAK offshore company
- Asset protection
These are some of the advantages that attract the attention of investors for setting up an RAK offshore company. The whole process is stress-free and the maintenance of an RAK offshore company is also affordable, which makes Ras Al Khaimah an ideal destination in UAE to set up an offshore company.
Rules and Regulations of RAK Offshore Company Setup
There are a number of rules and regulations that investors must comply with in order to effectively set up their offshore company in RAK. These rules and regulations are governed by the RAK Offshore Authority under RAKICC.
Listed below are some of the most important rules and regulations to follow for establishing an offshore company in RAK:
- The name of an RAK offshore company may end with word “Incorporated” or “Limited.” It may also end at “Inc.” or “Ltd.”
- The memorandum and articles of an offshore company in Ras Al Khaimah must be in English language.
- RAK offshore business license remains valid for one year, which means it needs to be renewed every year.
- An offshore company in RAK is not allowed to do business with in RAK free zone as an offshore company in UAE cannot to business in its jurisdiction of incorporation.
- An RAK offshore company cannot perform any business activity that has been disallowed by the authorities.
- An RAK offshore company cannot carry out banking and insurance services.
RAK Offshore company formation is governed by strict and transparent policies and guidelines which ensures that RAK and UAE in general continue to be the preferred global offshore company formation destinations with the highest regulatory standards.